Organization: LUNENBURG WATERFRONT ASSOCIATION INC.
Province: Nova Scotia
About This Project Idea
BATTERY POINT LIGHTHOUSE
Our Project Regenerates a Heritage Property
- The first lighthouse was built on the land at Battery Point in 1864.
- In 1937 a new breakwater was constructed together with the first light and bell near the end of the breakwater.
- The present lighthouse was built at the western end of the breakwater in 1951.
- “Saving it represents a rejuvenation of a previous generation.” Captain Dan Moreland, Master of the tall ship Picton Castle.
- “It is a lighthouse of a heritage community, an icon to our past.” Rachel Bailey, Mayor of Lunenburg.
Missing or invalid Flickr ID